How to Deal with a Residential Playground Installation.
Installing a residential playground is not something you do every day. It is a process that will require you to pay attention to details, but the end result is what will drive you to put the best of your skills.
In the end, your children will have play equipment that will bring hours of joy and lovely memories.
We have created a website where you can download the instruction manual for each Spimbey playset. You can consult it here. Make sure to have the instruction manual that corresponds with your Spimbey model, and you should not have a problem.
A Commercial playground is very different from a residential one. You cannot install the first one without the assistance o a professional installer, while the latter you can install by yourself if you feel up to the challenge.
Here are some of the tools you will need to do your residential playground installation on your own:
- Tape Measure
- Carpenters Level
- Carpenters Square
- Claw Hammer Standard or Cordless Drill
- Rubber Mallet
- 8’ (2.4m) Step Ladder
- Safety Glasses
- Adult Helpers
Before beginning with the installation process, check for the following things:
- The ground must be solid and without irregularities. Try to level it as much as possible.
- Anchors must be in perfect condition, without rust or any other type of damage that can harm the structure.
- Check all wood components for deterioration, structural damage, and splintering. Sand down splinters and replace deteriorated wood members. As with all wood, some checking and small cracks in grain are normal.
- Make sure you have already chosen a protective surface. This is an essential part of the installation process.
- Put the instructions in a place you can consult them quickly enough when having doubts.
- No one is allowed to play on the swing sets or any other playground equipment until the installation is completed.
- It sounds crazy, but having some type of recording of your steps can be very helpful if something goes sideways. Make sure to record the process as much as you can.
During the installation.
Make sure to not add extra length to the chain or rope. The chains or ropes provided by Spimbey or any other company are the maximum lengths designed for the swinging element(s). Changing them will compromise the safety of the structure.
Also, make sure to orientate the slide in a way that it gets the least amount of exposure to the sun. This will guarantee a long life span for the accessories and avoid extreme overheating during the playing season.
To avoid any choking hazard, verify that suspended climbing ropes, rope ladders, chains, or cables are secured at both ends and cannot be looped back on themselves to create an entanglement hazard.
After you have completed the installation
Make sure to mark the day in the calendar and schedule a regular maintenance plan for your playset and all of its components.
Having a playground at home is great to provide your children with great playing and learning opportunities, but it is also an investment. We want you to make the best out of it and the best way to do it is by being careful and thoughtful about the maintenance.
Are you thinking about getting a playground for your home?
On our webshop, you will be able to find the model that suits your family the best.
Spimbey is real fun with real people.